Web Accessibility Training
August 12-13, 2014
Web Accessibility Training
Registration for the May training is now closed. Registration below is for the August 12-13 session.
When: August 12-13, 2014
Where: Logan, Utah
Cost: $850/person ($700 per person for groups of two or more)
Join WebAIM's accessibility experts for two days of hands-on web accessibility training August 12-13, 2014 in beautiful Logan, Utah.
- This training session will teach everything from basic web accessibility principles to advanced accessibility techniques.
- Learn what you need to know to ensure that your web site meets legal guidelines and international standards.
- This training is suitable for web designers, developers, program managers, quality assurance experts, or anyone interested in gaining a deep understanding of web accessibility.
- Registration is limited to ensure you get individualized attention, so register now to secure your seat.
Our previous trainings have received an average evaluation rating of over 4.5 out of 5. Read what others have said about WebAIM trainings
- Principles of Web Accessibility: Building Perceivable, Operable, Understandable, and Robust (POUR) web sites
- How do individuals with disabilities interact with and use the web? Understanding how assistive technologies work.
- Understanding your legal requirements - Section 508, Section 504, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other state, U.S., and international laws
- Evaluating web site accessibility - automated tools, user testing, using screen readers, and understanding the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- HTML Accessibility Techniques
- Images and appropriate alt text
- Form labels
- Frame titles
- Tables - layout tables, table headers, and associating data cells with headers
- Keyboard accessibility techniques
- HTML5 accessibility
- ... and much, much more.
- Multimedia Accessibility Principles
- Captioning web video
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Flash
- Microsoft Office
- Putting it all together
- Evaluation tool, techniques, and methodologies
- Accessible navigation, structure, and semantics
- CSS strategies and techniques
- Implementing accessibility on YOUR web site. Individual feedback and instruction on specific improvements YOU can make.
- Developing and implementing web accessibility policies and practices
This is not the first accessibility training I have taken... but it is the best I have taken. Thank you for making this time worth spending.
WebAIM Training Participant
If you're looking for someone to fix your web site for you, you will likely benefit from our other services. But if you want to learn the skills required to ensure your organization's web site is accessible, this training will provide what you need. We'll also provide the resources and information you need to empower your organization to meet all of your future accessibility needs.
WebAIM has trained thousands of web developers across the world. Clients include IBM, eBay, the Internal Revenue Service, several state governments, and over 100 colleges and universities. WebAIM trainers have presented at hundreds of conferences and meetings around the world and are active in web accessibility standards development.
Training times will be from 9am-5pm on Tuesday, August 12th and from 9am-3:30pm on Wednesday, August 13th. This leaves ample time to get to Salt Lake City for an evening flight after approximately 6pm. The training is held in Room 155 of the Center for Persons with Disabilities at Utah State University.
Registration includes breakfast and lunch on both days. Computers are not provided, but complimentary wireless internet access will be provided. We recommend that participants bring a laptop or tablet. Training participants also receive a license for MAGic With Speech, a screen magnification/reading software ($595 value) courtesy of Freedom Scientific.
For those that are interested, we will be having pre-conference tour of Logan Canyon and scenic Tony Grove Lake on Monday afternoon (we'll leave Logan at 3:30pm). We will also hold a pre-training dinner in Logan on Monday evening if you would like to join us.
Exceptionally knowledgable instructors with excellent presentation skills. Their ability to recognize the needs of the participants and adapt was appreciated
Indiana Department of Education
June 2007 Training Participant
Logan, Utah is readily accessible via Salt Lake City. The Salt Lake City airport is accessed by all major airlines. Logan is a scenic 1.5 hour drive north. Shuttle service is available at a cost of $60 round trip.
Lodging is available on campus at the Utah State University Inn (discounted rates available here), just a one block walk from the training location. We also recommend staying at the Crystal Inn (use group code "WA0513") in Logan or Weston Inn - both will provide transportation to/from the training site and have many other amenities. The Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, or Marriott SpringHill Suites are all a short, 5 minute drive away. Transportation between Logan hotels and the training site will be provided upon request.
Our training site is close to many recreational and scenic areas, including Logan Canyon Scenic Highway (10 minutes), Bear Lake (1 hour), Park City (2 hours), Yellowstone National Park (4 hours), Jackson Hole (4 hours), and Zion National Park (5 hours). There are plenty of opportunities if you would like to extend your trip and see more of Utah and beyond.
Need Help or Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding the training or the registration process, please contact us by e-mail or at 435-797-7024.