September 17-18, 2013
Advanced Web Accessibility Training
When: September 17-18, 2013
Where: Logan, Utah
Cost: $850/person ($700 per person for groups of two or more)
Join WebAIM's accessibility experts for two days of hands-on web accessibility training September 17-18, 2013 in beautiful Logan, Utah.
- This training session will focus on more advanced web accessibility techniques ranging from HTML accessibility techniques to advanced web application accessibility.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and their applicability to modern web content and applications.
- Participants should have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of HTML and web development techniques. An understanding of web accessibility principles is required.
- Registration is limited to ensure you get individualized attention, so register now to secure your seat.
Our previous trainings have received an average evaluation rating of over 4.5 out of 5. Read what others have said about WebAIM trainings
- HTML accessibility techniques - overview of alternative text, form labeling, page titles, table headers, etc., etc.
- In-depth analysis of WCAG 2.0 success criteria, techniques, and evaluation methodologies.
- Evaluating web site and application accessibility - automated tools, user testing, keyboard testing, using screen readers, etc.
- Web application accessibility with ARIA - building accessible widgets, handling keyboard accessibility, handling dynamic content updates, etc.
This is not the first accessibility training I have taken... but it is the best I have taken. Thank you for making this time worth spending.
WebAIM Training Participant
If you want to learn the skills required to ensure your organization's web site and applications are highly accessible, this training will provide what you need. We'll also provide the resources and information you need to empower your organization to meet all of your future accessibility needs.
WebAIM has trained tens of thousands of web developers across the world. Clients include IBM, eBay, the Internal Revenue Service, several state governments, and several hundred colleges and universities. WebAIM trainers have presented at hundreds of conferences and meetings around the world and are active in web accessibility standards development.
Training times will be from 9am-5pm on Tuesday, September 17 and from 9am-3:30pm on Wednesday, September 18. This leaves ample time to get to Salt Lake City for an evening flight after approximately 6pm. The training is held in Room 152 of the Center for Persons with Disabilities at Utah State University.
Registration includes breakfast and lunch on both days. Computers are not provided, but complimentary wireless internet access will be provided. We recommend that participants bring a laptop or tablet. Training participants also receive a license for MAGic With Speech, a screen magnification/reading software ($595 value) courtesy of Freedom Scientific.
Exceptionally knowledgable instructors with excellent presentation skills. Their ability to recognize the needs of the participants and adapt was appreciated
Indiana Department of Education
June 2007 Training Participant
Logan, Utah is readily accessible via Salt Lake City. The Salt Lake City airport is accessed by all major airlines. Logan is a scenic 1.5 hour drive north. Shuttle service is available at a cost of $60 round trip.
Lodging is available on campus at the Utah State University Inn (discounted rates available here), just a one block walk from the training location. We also recommend staying at the Crystal Inn (use group code "WA0913") in Logan or Weston Inn - both will provide transportation to/from the training site and have many other amenities. The Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, or Marriott SpringHill Suites are all a short, 5 minute drive away. Transportation between Logan hotels and the training site will be provided upon request.
Our training site is close to many recreational and scenic areas, including Logan Canyon Scenic Highway (10 minutes), Bear Lake (1 hour), Park City (2 hours), Yellowstone National Park (4 hours), Jackson Hole (4 hours), and Zion National Park (5 hours). There are plenty of opportunities if you would like to extend your trip and see more of Utah and beyond.
For those that are interested, we will be having a pre-conference tour (weather permitting) of Logan Canyon and Tony Grove Lake. We will provide transportation for the tour and return for an informal dinner in Logan that evening. Join us for the trip or dinner or both!
Need Help or Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding the training or the registration process, please contact us by e-mail or at 435-797-7024.