Since 1999, WebAIM has provided training and professional development for developers and administrators in hundreds of organizations throughout the world. This page introduces a few of the ways we can help you with your training needs.
When: January 10–11, 2017
Where: Logan, Utah
Cost: $850/person ($700 each for groups of two or more)
Join WebAIM's accessibility experts in two days of intensive, web accessibility training January 10–11, 2017 in beautiful Logan, Utah.
- This training session will focus on accessibility principles and techniques.
- Learn what you need to know to ensure that your web site meets legal guidelines and international standards.
- This training is suitable for web designers, developers, program managers, quality assurance experts, or anyone interested in gaining a deep understanding of web accessibility.
- Registration is limited to ensure you get individualized attention, so register now to secure your seat.
WebAIM has traveled to hundreds of groups to provide onsite training. The scope of these presentations varies widely, from one hour presentations on the principles of web accessibility to two+ day in-depth, hands-on training sessions.
While we can custom build a training to fit your needs and budget, our typical onsite training sessions last one or two full days. Our training packages are customized to the needs of every organization. Each one is a little different, but we commonly train on the accessibility of the following principles:
- Principles of Web Accessibility
- Web accessibility guidelines and laws - Section 508, WCAG 2.0, ADA, etc.
- How users with disabilities access and use the web
- Acrobat and PDF
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Evaluating site accessibility
- Using screen readers and other assistive technologies
- Policy creation and implementation
- System change for accessibility
Training fees are typically $5000 plus travel expenses for a one day training with one trainer on site, or $12000 plus travel expenses for a two-day training with two trainers on site (these prices are for trainings held in the US or Canada only, international costs can be negotiated). We'd be happy to discuss pricing or customization of a training package with you.
Although face-to-face training is often the most effective, WebAIM can also provide short, topic-specific training presentations online. This can be beneficial for groups spread over a large geographical area or who would prefer a series of shorter training sessions over a longer period of time. As with our onsite training, our professional and expert staff can present on any number of accessibility principles or techniques.
Conference Presentations and Keynotes
Throughout the year, WebAIM travels to several high profile conferences. We usually present on a variety of topics, ranging from full-day pre-conference labs to hour long lectures on any number of topics relating to web accessibility. Please see the list of upcoming activities on our homepage to see if WebAIM is presenting at a conference you are planning to attend.
Our accessibility experts are also available to provide keynotes or other motivational presentations on web accessibility.
Contact WebAIM regarding accessibility training