We’re very excited to announce the launch of the newly updated beta version of WAVE version 5. Please check it out at http://five.wave.webaim.org/.
We will be participating in a free webinar on Tuesday, October 9th at 11am Pacific time (2pm Eastern) to share details on these new updates and the future of WAVE. Details are available at http://www.ada-audio.org/Webinar/AccessibleTechnology/Schedule/
We want WAVE to be the most powerful and easiest-to-use web accessibility evaluation tool available, and this release is a significant update that represents several years of effort and thought. After some testing and a few feature and performance enhancements are completed, this version will soon replace the main version of WAVE found at http://wave.webaim.org/
- There is now a sidebar that allows you to dynamically interact with WAVE report.
- Greatly improved processing logic to ensure that WAVE gives you useful and accurate feedback about actual end-user accessibility issues.
- Many new WAVE icons to give you feedback on additional aspects of web accessibility, including links that are missing focus indicators, missing document language, possible table captions, HTML5 and ARIA markup, and much more.
- Color contrast checking based on WCAG 2.0 Level AA, and some nifty tools to preview and modify contrast.
- Ability to filter results to WCAG AA, WCAG A, and Section 508 guidelines.
- A code panel so you can see the underlying markup of your page as you evaluate it.
- Significantly improved documentation so you can learn about web accessibility as you use WAVE.
- Much more!
We would love to hear your feedback on WAVE5. Please leave a comment below, or select the “Feedback” link in WAVE.
In the coming weeks and months we will be releasing updated WAVE toolbars, a WAVE API, and other WAVE tools.