WebAIM Web Accessibility Virtual Training for Developers and Designers
Training will be delivered over Zoom on Wednesday, May 24 and Thursday, May 25. Each day, we will meet 10am–12pm Pacific, take a one-hour break, and then finish 1–3pm (8 total hours of training).
Here are some of the topics that will be covered:
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Brief overview of relevant laws
- User experience and needs
- Captions and transcripts for multimedia
- Accessible screen sharing
- Zooming content
- Color use
- Screen reader users
- Photosensitive epilepsy
- Voice control software
- Keyboard navigation
- Cognitive accessibility
- Understandable content
- Legible text
- Animating and time-sensitive content
- Will the training be archived?
- To encourage engagement and participation in this live event, an archived version will not be made widely available.
- What will I need to participate?
- A reliable internet connection and (ideally) a distraction-free environment. You do not need a microphone or camera.
- Will the training be accessible?
- WebAIM has been providing online training for years and knows what it takes to create an accessible online experience. This training will be captioned, ASL interpreters will be provided, and electronic versions of the training slides and resources will be available at the start of the training. If you have any other accessibility needs or requests, the confirmation email will have contact information.
- Participants must register with a California Community Colleges email.
- Need help? Email us at accessible docs[at]webaim.org.
To register please provide us with the following information—