WebAIM Web Accessibility Virtual Training Creating Accessible Images and Text Alternatives
The California Community Colleges Technology Center has collaborated with WebAIM to provide you with the opportunity to participate in a 4-hour virtual webinar. This non-technical training—Creating Accessible Images and Text Alternatives—does not require any knowledge of HTML.
Training will be delivered over Zoom on Wednesday, September 20. We will meet 10am–12pm Pacific, take a one-hour break, and then finish 1–3pm (4 total hours of training).
Here are some of the topics that will be covered:
- Alternative text requirements and best practice
- Image context
- Image captions
- Image links and buttons
- Images of text
- Complex images
- Color use
- WCAG "Sensory" and "Test" exceptions
- The place for accommodations
- Will the training be archived?
- To encourage engagement and participation in this live event, an archived version will not be made widely available.
- What will I need to participate?
- A reliable internet connection and (ideally) a distraction-free environment. You do not need a microphone or camera.
- Will the training be accessible?
- WebAIM has been providing online training for years and knows what it takes to create an accessible online experience. This training will be captioned, ASL interpreters will be provided, and electronic versions of the training slides and resources will be available at the start of the training. If you have any other accessibility needs or requests, the confirmation email will have contact information.
- Participants must register with a California Community Colleges email.
- Need help? Email us at accessible docs[at]webaim.org.
To register please provide us with the following information—