E-mail List Archives
Re: labels in forms
From: Jukka K. Korpela
Date: May 31, 2007 10:50PM
- Next message: Jared Smith: "Re: labels in forms"
- Previous message: Christian Heilmann: "Re: labels in forms"
- Next message in Thread: Jared Smith: "Re: labels in forms"
- Previous message in Thread: Christian Heilmann: "Re: labels in forms"
- View all messages in this Thread
On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> the for attribute points to a matching id attribute. both are
> machine-readable data, which is not directly exposed to the end user
This is almost nitpicking, but id attribute values may be used in URLs
that refer to specific elements (or locations) on a page, i.e. in fragment
identifiers (#idvalue). URLs in turn may be exposed to users at least in
the browser's location bar or - when mousing over a link - on the status
This _is_ nitpicking when form fields are considered, since there is
hardly any point in referring to a field with a fragment identifier. But
for id attributes in general, it is a good idea to keep them reasonably
readable to humans.
Jukka "Yucca" Korpela, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/