E-mail List Archives
Re: Widgets and Dashboards
From: Christophe Strobbe
Date: Nov 13, 2007 6:40AM
- Next message: Charis Austin: "Re: Accessibility with Captivate"
- Previous message: Vivek Gaikwad: "Accessibility with Captivate"
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Kilcommons,Cath: "Re: Widgets and Dashboards"
- View all messages in this Thread
At 14:37 5/11/2007, Nancy Johnson wrote:
>Can anyone point me to a 508 compliant way to build a dashboard,
>much like Igoogle
>http://www.google.com/ig or Netvibes http://www.netvibes.com/
Another issue related to web sites like these (at least in some of
the accessibility 'standards' that I am aware of) is how to describe
the scope of a conformance claim. The options that I currently see are
* (1) list the gadgets/widgets with which the site was evaluated,
e.g. http://dashboard.example.com/ with gadgets X, Y and Z conforms
to standard ABC;
* (2) scope the claim to gadgets/widgets that also meet the same
criteria, e.g. http://dashboard.example.com/ conforms to standard ABC
if only widgets that meet ABC are selected;
* (3) assuming that the sites offers only widgets that meet the
standard, use a generic claim, e.g. http://dashboard.example.com/
conforms to standard ABC.
Unfortunately, some documents are not clear about how to describe
conformance for sites like these, especially if there's no certainty
about whether all the widgets are accessible.
K.U.Leuven - Dept. of Electrical Engineering - SCD
Research Group on Document Architectures
Kasteelpark Arenberg 10 bus 2442
tel: +32 16 32 85 51