E-mail List Archives
Re: A list of one?
From: Keith Parks
Date: Nov 19, 2008 2:05PM
- Next message: Michael D. Roush: "Re: A list of one?"
- Previous message: John Foliot: "Re: A list of one?"
- Next message in Thread: Michael D. Roush: "Re: A list of one?"
- Previous message in Thread: John Foliot: "Re: A list of one?"
- View all messages in this Thread
On Nov 19, 2008, at 12:36 PM, Michael D. Roush wrote:
> It strikes me that what you are using as third-level headers are
> probably a list of items as well (with the names of new employees as a
That could make sense.
> I also had a thought that maybe these really aren't lending themselves
> to headers and lists, but a set of definition terms and definitions.
I recall that some listees have raised *strong* objections to the idea
of using the <dl> for anything other than a word/term and its
definition. And since Fred Smith and Leasha Jones are not the
"definition" of the Cashier's Office...
But still, I know what you mean about the semantic association. But
wouldn't a heading *imply* an association with the content that
follows it? Maybe not as tightly as a <dt> and a <dd>.
Graphic Designer/Web Designer
Student Affairs Communications Services
San Diego State University
San Diego, CA 92182-7444
mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED>
World Peace through Cascading Style Sheets.