E-mail List Archives
Re: A list of one?
From: Waltenberger, Lon (LNI)
Date: Nov 19, 2008 2:30PM
- Next message: Keith Parks: "Re: A list of one?"
- Previous message: Michael D. Roush: "Re: A list of one?"
- Next message in Thread: Keith Parks: "Re: A list of one?"
- Previous message in Thread: Michael D. Roush: "Re: A list of one?"
- View all messages in this Thread
I agree that a list of 1 is, nevertheless, a list, even though some
style guides probably disagree. One must choose which style guide
they're going to use and stick with it for consistency.
I also agree with Mr. Hamack's interpretation of a definition list and
its intended use.
However, I'm sure that one could alter the definition of a definition
list to justify an end. It's not a particularly clear world we live in.
During a recent test of several options one option used a definition
list to try to do something the tag wasn't really intended to do. When
JAWS announced the "definition" the user stopped, confused by what was
being defined and why.
Again, I was reminded of what one JAWS user once told me: "Just write
valid markup and leave the rest to the user."
That brings us back to defining just what a definition is.