Re: Accessible captchas?

for

Date: Dec 4, 2008 11:40AM

<HTML dir=ltr><HEAD><TITLE>Re: [WebAIM] Accessible captchas?</TITLE>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=unicode">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16735" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV id=idOWAReplyText84152 dir=ltr>
<DIV dir=ltr><FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2>JAWS and Window Eyes will both provide output to a refreshable braille display. Audio alternative captcha's obviously will not work for this audience. I recommend reducing spam using the methods outlined on WebAIM's site. The direct link was posted by Jared yesterday.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr><FONT face=Arial size=2>Mike</FONT></DIV></DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr><BR>
<HR tabIndex=-1>
<FONT face=Tahoma size=2><B>From:</B> <EMAIL REMOVED> on behalf of Dean Hamack<BR><B>Sent:</B> Thu 12/4/2008 12:27 PM<BR><B>To:</B> WebAIM Discussion List<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: [WebAIM] Accessible captchas?<BR></FONT><BR></DIV>
<DIV>
<P><FONT size=2>This is very helpful information, thanks.<BR><BR>Forgive my ignorance, as I am new to the accessibility field. How do people<BR>who are both deaf and blind access information on web pages. Is there some<BR>kind of device that translates the content to braille?<BR><BR><BR>On 12/4/08 8:10 AM, "Randall Pope" &lt; <EMAIL REMOVED> &gt; wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Assuming that the purpose is to keep spam bots from accessing the website,<BR>&gt; this may work for the DeafBlind people.&nbsp; As long it is not voice or graphic<BR>&gt; only, we the Deafblind people will be happy.&nbsp; Smile.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Randy<BR><BR><BR>