E-mail List Archives
JAWS 10 and Hidden Text
From: Terrill Thompson
Date: Mar 23, 2009 1:55PM
- Next message: Jared Smith: "Re: JAWS 10 and Hidden Text"
- Previous message: Owens, Parker: "Re: Captia/security boxes"
- Next message in Thread: Jared Smith: "Re: JAWS 10 and Hidden Text"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
It just came to my attention that JAWS 10.0.1139 has the following Internet
"JAWS no longer announces input fields that are hidden from view by a
cascading style sheet."
That's listed here:
Anyone know what this means? I just tested an input field (and paragraph,
for comparison) hidden using various techniques, and I'm not observing any
changes in JAWS behavior. JAWS does not read content hidden using
visibility:hidden or display:none, and it does read content positioned off
screen. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something critical.
Here's my test page:
Technology Accessibility Specialist
DO-IT, Accessible Technology
UW Technology Services
University of Washington