E-mail List Archives
Re: drop down menus
From: Jon Gunderson
Date: May 29, 2009 8:45AM
- Next message: Al Sparber: "Re: drop down menus"
- Previous message: Peter Weil: "Re: drop down menus"
- Next message in Thread: Al Sparber: "Re: drop down menus"
- Previous message in Thread: Peter Weil: "Re: drop down menus"
- View all messages in this Thread
Here is an example of a pull down menu with keyboard and ARIA support:
---- Original message ----
>Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 07:05:43 -0500
>From: Peter Weil < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
>Subject: Re: [WebAIM] drop down menus
>To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
>On May 29, 2009, at 2:38 AM, Al Sparber wrote:
>> So-called "pure" CSS menus are sometimes accessible, but never
>I know that this can be a provocative topic (previous threads on this
>subject never seemed to arrive at satisfactory conclusion), but we are
>also looking into the possibility of incorporating dropdown menus.
>However, accessibility/usability is an absolute requirement -- it's
>one of the reasons that we have avoided them in the past. Would you
>a necessary component?
>Peter Weil, Web Developer
>University of Wisconsin-Madison
>Email: <EMAIL REMOVED>