E-mail List Archives
Re: Ordered Lists and Forms
From: Steve Green
Date: Jun 29, 2009 1:30PM
- Next message: Seth Kane: "Accessible CAPTCHA"
- Previous message: Dean Hamack: "Re: Ordered Lists and Forms"
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Dean Hamack: "Re: Ordered Lists and Forms"
- View all messages in this Thread
From: <EMAIL REMOVED>
[mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Dean Hamack
Sent: 29 June 2009 19:22
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Ordered Lists and Forms
I've been using the list method for a while now.
To me, it makes it easier to style, and it's semantically correct. After
all, a form is a list of items you need to fill out in no particular order.
Ergo, it is an unordered list.
Of course it's not a list, any more than a book is a list of paragraphs. The
<form> element groups the form controls together and fieldsets can be used
if subgroups are semantically appropriate.
Adding unnecessary semantic structure does not benefit anyone and does not
make the page more semantically correct. There is no upside and plenty of