E-mail List Archives
Re: Alternative CAPTCHA
From: Chris Hoffman
Date: Aug 25, 2009 5:45PM
- Next message: Randi: "Re: Alternative CAPTCHA"
- Previous message: Randi: "Re: Alternative CAPTCHA"
- Next message in Thread: Randi: "Re: Alternative CAPTCHA"
- Previous message in Thread: Randi: "Re: Alternative CAPTCHA"
- View all messages in this Thread
There's the first problem with the CAPTCHA right there: It asks you to
"prove your sentience", as in, "prove that you are a sentient being",
but the word "sentience" sound a lot like "sentence" (a string of
words or a prison term) when read aloud, so that's a problem for
screen reader users.
Two other problems are that, first, there are only three choices, so
67% of random clicks from spammers would get through. The second
problem is that the CAPTCHA problem is not generative. That is, there
is no way to create new questions automatically.
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:13 PM, Randi< <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> Ok, I don't get it. It says, "plese prove your sentance by clicking on
> the robot" and then there are links saying like "this is a picture of
> blah blah". I don't get it? Prove what sentence...