E-mail List Archives
RE: Reading OPTGROUP with JAWS
From: Paul Bohman
Date: Apr 17, 2002 11:06AM
- Next message: Paul Bohman: "RE: Reading OPTGROUP with JAWS"
- Previous message: Cohen, Lisa A.: "Reading OPTGROUP with JAWS"
- Next message in Thread: Paul Bohman: "RE: Reading OPTGROUP with JAWS"
- Previous message in Thread: Cohen, Lisa A.: "Reading OPTGROUP with JAWS"
- View all messages in this Thread
The only technology that I'm aware of that supports optgroup is Netscape
6.x. I wish others did, but I don't think they do. Maybe the screen
reader Emacspeak for Unix/Linux does, but I'm not familiar enough with
it to know. Emacspeak has support for everything it seems, so I wouldn't
be surprised if it supports this feature.
WebAIM (Web Accessibility in Mind)
Center for Persons with Disabilities
Utah State University
From: Cohen, Lisa A. [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 11:38 AM
To: WebAIM forum ( <EMAIL REMOVED> )
Subject: Reading OPTGROUP with JAWS
(Apologies for cross-posting... desperately need an answer!)
I need to code a very long listbox in an HTML form. The HTML 4 spec
shows an example of using OPTGROUP to group OPTIONS within SELECT tags.
But this does not appear to work with JAWS (nor does IE 5.5 do anything
Does anybody have info about either getting JAWS to read t