WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: List of accessible javascripts

for

Date: Jan 12, 2010 7:18AM

Celeste Mackintosh wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> This is my first post to this list, so hopefully it won't be wildly out of scope - but if it is, please let me know!
>
> I was wondering whether there was a list anywhere of scripts (those that use frameworks such as jquery, prototype, scriptaculous, mootools, or just individual javascripts) that are accessible to users of different assistive technologies? Or even (this would be really good!) a site that evaluates accessibility of scripts, e.g. is accessible to keyboard users but not screenreader users because...?
>
> I would find this kind of thing really helpful - I generally don't know enough to do the evaluation myself, and it's hard to say 'well we can't use this because' to people, if you're not entirely sure of the reason. And sometimes the resources themselves don't mention accessibility, and although that seems like a pretty good clue, it would be nice to not exclude resources because their documentation is a bit vague if they are accessible.
>
> If anyone has a resource bookmarked that they could point me to, or has any other ideas, I would really appreciate it!
>
> Celeste
>
The YUI blog has some very good posts on accessibility features of the
widgets and videos how to do that yourself.

http://www.yuiblog.com/blog/category/accessibility/