E-mail List Archives
Re: WCAG and various Laws
From: Geof Collis
Date: Mar 30, 2010 7:51AM
- Next message: Steve Green: "Re: WCAG and various Laws"
- Previous message: Simius Puer: "Re: WCAG and various Laws"
- Next message in Thread: Steve Green: "Re: WCAG and various Laws"
- Previous message in Thread: Simius Puer: "Re: WCAG and various Laws"
- View all messages in this Thread
I had links and quotes to all of these Laws but cant seem to find
them anywhere on my computer, getting sloppy in my old age. :O)
At 08:35 AM 3/30/2010, you wrote:
>Same goes for the UK Geof - WCAG 1.0 AA is cited as the baseline. Again, it
>covers all websites that "provide a service" rather than just .gov websites
>and it puts the onus on website owners to take "reasonable steps" in terms
>I can't quote the exact guidance note that goes along with the legislation
>at the moment as it has changed ownership so many times in the last few
>years...it used to be the remit of the e-Envoy until they were wound up in
>2004 - it is now part of the Cabinet Office who issue the guidelines.
>There's more info on the Direct Gov website if you need it: