E-mail List Archives
Re: Android screen reader
From: Pratik Patel
Date: Mar 31, 2010 1:15PM
- Next message: Dean Hamack: "Re: Android screen reader"
- Previous message: Travis Roth: "Flex 4 and reading order"
- Next message in Thread: Dean Hamack: "Re: Android screen reader"
- Previous message in Thread: Dean Hamack: "Android screen reader"
- View all messages in this Thread
Android's web browser is not yet accessible with Talkback so the comparison
is not possible at this time.
From: <EMAIL REMOVED>
[mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Dean Hamack
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 1:27 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] Android screen reader
Has anyone here used the mobile screen reader "Talk Back" that comes
installed on the newer Android phones?
I played around with Voice Over on my iPhone, and quickly discovered that
accessible mobile development is very different from desktop development. If
the element isn't visible on the page so you can touch it with your finger,
you won't know it's there. So hidden items like skip links, labels, etc. are
useless. I'm curious to know if Talk Back works the same way.