E-mail List Archives
Re: LONGDESC in HTML5?
From: Vlad Alexander (XStandard)
Date: Sep 25, 2010 2:12PM
- Next message: John Foliot: "Re: LONGDESC in HTML5?"
- Previous message: Steven Faulkner: "Re: LONGDESC in HTML5?"
- Next message in Thread: John Foliot: "Re: LONGDESC in HTML5?"
- Previous message in Thread: Steven Faulkner: "Re: LONGDESC in HTML5?"
- View all messages in this Thread
Jukka, wrote: "The problems start when no single word and no short phrase, or even a paragraph, can act as an adequate replacement for the image."
Although you are using the word "adequate", from your other comments, I believe you are saying that textual content cannot be an "equal" replacement for visual content. Nobody is disputing that textual content is not "equal" to visual content. But that is not the goal. The objective is to make textual content "equivalent" in meaning/purpose to visual content and vise-versa. Nobody is seeking perfection. The goal is to have a technology that provides comprehensible content to as many people as possible and to machines.