WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Belated thanks for Adobe Connect feedback

for

Date: Oct 13, 2010 2:57PM

Hello All,

I apologize for not getting back to everyone personally who responded to my question almost 2 weeks ago about Adobe Connect and accessibility. The end of the fiscal year has left me playing catch up. But many thanks to John, Andrew, Karen, Deborah, Everett, Hadi, Tim, Pratik, David, Gary, and anyone else that I missed for your helpful thoughts! I am continuing to work on assembling the guide and will do my best to share it with all of you when it is completed. It will likely need to be revised soon after completion upon the release of the next more accessible version of Connect, hopefully coming soon. *smile*

On loosely related topic, for web conferencing are there any plug-and-play web cams that anyone would recommend or suggest staying away from? The situations that these would likely be used are by individuals at their PCs or to capture a group in a small conference room setting. I am not seeking fancy/expensive technology, the primary purpose would be to capture video and perhaps also audio to be used in conjuction with software like Adobe Connect or Elluminate.

I am attempting to stay away from cameras that might create software conflicts or other issues for users with screen readers, voice recognition, or screen magnification software on their PCs. Maybe I am concerned over nothing, but I am not educated enough yet to know. Anyone have knowledge to share about this?

Thanks,

Marc