E-mail List Archives
Word documents and tables
From: Jeremy Merritt
Date: Oct 26, 2010 7:57AM
- Next message: Ro: "Re: Help with Echo accessibility"
- Previous message: Ron Stewart: "Re: Help with Echo accessibility"
- Next message in Thread: Cliff Tyllick: "Re: Word documents and tables"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
In the WebAIM article on creating Word documents:
It mentions two key points:
1. There is no way to assign table headers or <th> elements to a table created in Word.
2. There is no way to add row headers (headers across the side of a table) in Word.
The article suggests that the user mark that Word "Repeat as header row at the top of each page." But there is no fix for row headers.
So, are one-dimensional tables OK in Word, but if a document contains a 2-dimensional table (or a more complex table) that contains row headers, is the suggestion to only provide that document in PDF/HTML format with the tables properly tagged? Does WebAIM have an "official" suggestion on this?