E-mail List Archives
Screen Reader market penetration?
From: Ruth Stillman
Date: Jun 24, 2002 10:30AM
- Next message: Sutton, Jed: "Labeling form elements for date"
- Previous message: Christine Opitz: "accessible writing course?"
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
We are considering creating a site using Flash MX for a client, but I am
concerned about the accessibility issues. Currently, Window-Eyes is the
only screen reader that supports the Microsoft Active Accessibility built
into Flash MX, although I understand that there is a version of JAWS
currently in testing. Does anyone know of a good resource to find out what
the market penetration is of the different screen readers (primarily
Window-Eyes, JAWS, and IBM Home Reader)?
Join the world