E-mail List Archives
Re: Chrome and Skip Links
From: Jason Megginson
Date: Apr 28, 2011 9:45AM
- Next message: Rick Hill: "Re: Chrome and Skip Links"
- Previous message: Tim Harshbarger: "Chrome and Skip Links"
- Next message in Thread: Rick Hill: "Re: Chrome and Skip Links"
- Previous message in Thread: Tim Harshbarger: "Chrome and Skip Links"
- View all messages in this Thread
What is the syntax your developer is using?
I have found that the following syntax (with tabindex="-1") works the
<a href="#main">Skip to main</a>
<a name="main" id="main" tabindex="-1">
SSB BART Group
From: <EMAIL REMOVED>
[mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Tim Harshbarger
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:30 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] Chrome and Skip Links
Do skip links work in Chrome? I have one of our developers saying that he
can't get skip links to work correctly within Chrome. If you click the
skip link, it appears to move focus to the internal anchor on the page,
but if you tab then it acts as though the keyboard focus is still on the
skip link at the top of the page.
State Farm Insurance Companies