E-mail List Archives
Re: Table of Contents?
From: Jared Smith
Date: Feb 28, 2012 8:33AM
- Next message: Shawn Bridges: "Re: Table of Contents?"
- Previous message: Shawn Bridges: "Re: PDF size and alternate link?"
- Next message in Thread: Shawn Bridges: "Re: Table of Contents?"
- Previous message in Thread: Priti: "Re: Table of Contents?"
- View all messages in this Thread
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Shawn Bridges wrote:
> Looking at success criterion 2.4.5 : The table of contents should be
> located where?
The intent of 2.4.5 is to help users find and access web pages within
a site. The Table of Contents technique, however, primarily refers to
navigating within one specific web page. There's a disconnect between
what the success criteria is requiring and what this related technique
is telling you to do. Certainly a table of contents for a page's
content would be helpful, but this would not satisfy 2.4.5. If the
table of contents instead is linked to on every page and provides an
overview of the content on the entire site, then it would satisfy