E-mail List Archives
From: Paul Bohman
Date: Jul 26, 2001 5:20PM
- Next message: Farinelli, Stephanie L: "RE: accesskey"
- Previous message: Lee, Samson: "accesskey"
- Next message in Thread: Farinelli, Stephanie L: "RE: accesskey"
- Previous message in Thread: Lee, Samson: "accesskey"
- View all messages in this Thread
This is the biggest drawback of using accesskeys right now. No one knows
they're there. As far as I know, there isn't any commercial product out
there that automatically tells the user if they are present or not.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee, Samson (NIDCR)" < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
To: "'WebAIM accessibility forum'" < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 2:13 PM
> When accesskey attributes are provided, how do users know that they exist?
> Do screen readers detect and speak out? (I don't think JAWS is doing this)
> Or do we have to tell users about it in detail on a separate page or
> Has anybody faced this issue?