E-mail List Archives
Re: Strike-through Text
From: Detlev Fischer
Date: Mar 28, 2013 1:30AM
- Next message: Mohit Rajan Verma: "Re: Strike-through Text"
- Previous message: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Strike-through Text"
- Next message in Thread: Mohit Rajan Verma: "Re: Strike-through Text"
- Previous message in Thread: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Strike-through Text"
- View all messages in this Thread
Just checked NVDA. here, you can make it annonce <del> and <ins> but not semantically, just presentationally.
Checking "Report font attributes" in Preferences / Document formatting, it will announce <del> as strikethrough and <ins> as underline. Which I guess is better than nothing as you will often know that you are going to look at a document with changes, and can explicitly turn on an output option that may otherwise be annoying.
----- Original Message -----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED>
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Date: 28.03.2013 03:21:12
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Strike-through Text
> Hi Georg,
> As I know, Screen Reader doesn't announce these tags and that's why it make
> it difficult for the users with the screen readers.
> Mohit Verma
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Georg < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>> Would <del> and <ins> work - be announced? In many (most ?) cases that's
>> the intended meaning anyway.
>> >> >> >>
> > >