WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: How doing Accessibility helps in reducing server load ?

for

Date: May 14, 2013 11:53PM

First, When you separate presentation from structure i.e. use css for formatting, you specify the formatting in a css file instead of specifying format information all over the html file. This reduces the size of the html file. If you think about only one file, the difference is not much but when we deal with thousands of files or may be hundreds of thousands of files, impact is huge.

Second, if you replace any text content that is shown with images with plain text and css, you can reduce the size and multiple requests made to the server.

With warm regards
Dinesh Kaushal
Technical Lead |Information Systems - MyWipro | Accessibility
PMI Certified Associate Project Manager
Mobile: 9900096374
Blog: http://dineshkaushal.blogspot.com

The energy between two people is what creates great marriages, families, teams, and organizations -- Tom Rath.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." -- Socrates

-----Original Message-----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Ravi Jain
Sent: 15 May 2013 10:21 AM
To: webaim-forum
Subject: [WebAIM] How doing Accessibility helps in reducing server load ?

How doing Accessibility helps in reducing server load ?
Hello Everyone,
Somebody asked me this Q few days back , honestly I had no accurate answer for it.
Can anybody please solve my query ?
Doesn't matters even if its technical one.

Thanks in Advance

Ravindra ,

Accessibility Engineer ,
Onya Digital Solutions .
www.onyadigital.com
Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com