E-mail List Archives
Re: Blank alt
From: Timothy J. Luoma
Date: Oct 24, 2002 11:25AM
- Next message: Jim Thatcher: "RE: Blank alt"
- Previous message: Glenda Watson Hyatt: "RE: Formatting lists "
- Next message in Thread: Jim Thatcher: "RE: Blank alt"
- Previous message in Thread: firstname.lastname@example.org: "Blank alt"
- View all messages in this Thread
<EMAIL REMOVED> wrote:
> Is there a hard and fast rule for using alt="" (without the space), and alt
> =" " (with a space)?
None that I am aware of, although there are folks who advocate for both.
> I've seen both. What are the specific differences?
Sometimes the validator (Bobby?) will complain about alt="" but not
about alt=" "
Some dumb browsers, not mentioning any names, will pop up an empty
tooltip if you use alt=" " although this can sometimes be alleviated by
using a title="Whatever"
Now showing: Zen and the Art of Beta Testing
Brother, can you spare a dime? (Opera selling for $29)
OperaBlog: Beyond30 http://tntluoma.com/beyond30
Other Stuff http://tntluoma.com/
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or view list archives,