for

Date: Aug 13, 2013 7:00AM

Denise,
Do we have permission to share?

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 12, 2013, at 9:21 PM, "Denise Wood" < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Although not specifically Blackboard focused, we have recently been awarded a national Office for Learning and Teaching grant for an evidence-based approach to the design and development of an inclusive technology enhanced learning environment and prototype responsive learning system for incorporation into LMS environments like Moodle. The responsive learning system will be modelled on the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure project (http://gpii.net/) and involves collaboration with Professors Gregg Vanderheiden, Trace Centre, University of Wisconsin-Madison and Jutta Treviranus, Director of the Inclusive Design Research Centre (IDRC) and professor at OCAD University in Toronto, who are the co-directors of the Raising the Floor.
>
> Our Australian partners include the Australian National University, Queensland University of Technology, the University of Adelaide and Media Access Australia, as well as international partners - the University of the Western Cape and University of Stellenbosch, South Africa.
>
> We welcome involvement, contributions and sites for trial from any further education institution interested in improving the accessibility of online courses. Please feel free to email me off-list if you would like further information or to become involved in the project.
>
>
> Best wishes
>
> Denise
> A/Professor Denise Wood
> Associate Head of School: Teaching and Learning
> School of Communication, International Studies and Languages
> University of South Australia, C2-33C, Magill Campus, Magill 5072
> Tel: +618 8302 4642 | Fax: +618 8302 4745
> Email: <EMAIL REMOVED>
>
> Professor (Adjunct EP)
> Faculty of Education, The University of the Western Cape
> Private Bag X17, Bellville 7535, Western Cape, South Africa
> Phone South Africa: +21 766 166387
> Email: <EMAIL REMOVED>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Hoger, Jodie
> Sent: Tuesday, 13 August 2013 10:36 AM
> To: WebAIM Discussion List
> Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Making accessible online courses
>
> Hi Rachel, did you get any responses to your request? I would also be very interested in any information regarding the delivery of accessible teaching resources.
> Thanks,
> Jo
>
> Jodie Hoger
> Teacher Consultant (Vision), Equity Services TAFE NSW - Illawarra Institute Building L1.14, 60 Bienda St, Bomaderry, NSW, 2541 VOIP 54865 P 02 4421 9865 M 0437 035 042 F 02 4421 9804 <EMAIL REMOVED> www.illawarra.tafensw.edu.au Proverb Give a person a fish and they will have food for a day. Teach a person to fish and they will have food for life.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Shuttlesworth, Rachel
> Sent: Wednesday, 7 August 2013 2:39 AM
> To: WebAIM Discussion List
> Cc: <EMAIL REMOVED>
> Subject: [WebAIM] Making accessible online courses
>
> Hi there!
>
> We are working on tutorials and workshops for our university faculty members on how to make their content in Blackboard Learn and other instructional tech tools accessible. I am not referring to the platforms themselves (we have to rely on the vendors for that), but their images, documents, videos, discussion posts, etc.
>
> Do you know of any existing tutorials on this topic that we could look at to get ideas? I am also happy to share what we develop as soon as I can.
>
> Best,
> Rachel
>
> Dr. Rachel S. Thompson
> Director, Emerging Technology
> Center for Instructional Technology
> University of Alabama
>
> On Aug 6, 2013, at 11:25 AM, "McMorland, Gabriel" < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>
>> Please recommend blogging platforms that are fully screen reader accessible. I'm hoping that several fully accessible platforms exist, so that I can choose among them to best match my needs.
>> >> >> list messages to <EMAIL REMOVED>
> > > **********************************************************************
> This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain privileged information or confidential information or both. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.
> **********************************************************************
> > > > >