WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Inclusive Design 24, by The Paciello Group for GAAD

for

Date: May 15, 2014 9:15AM

Don Mauck wrote:
"I wonder, I'm using JAWS with this Adobe connect and am struggling trying to read and or chat. I've looked at the hotkeys for Connect and nothing there for reading chat's. I'm typing in the chat edit box and hit the send button, however, my questions do not get answered. Even if they get answered on-line I'm not seeing them. Wow, am I that mis-informed on how to use this, seems like it should be quite simple."

The chat isn't a good experience with Jaws. If it helps, the chat feature is mostly being used to post questions to the presenters at the end of their talk. They'll answer as many as they can in the time left, but will do so verbally, not via the chat widget.

HTH.
Léonie

-----Original Message-----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Don Mauck
Sent: 15 May 2014 14:52
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Inclusive Design 24, by The Paciello Group for GAAD

I wonder, I'm using JAWS with this Adobe connect and am struggling trying to read and or chat. I've looked at the hotkeys for Connect and nothing there for reading chat's. I'm typing in the chat edit box and hit the send button, however, my questions do not get answered. Even if they get answered on-line I'm not seeing them. Wow, am I that mis-informed on how to use this, seems like it should be quite simple.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:06 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Inclusive Design 24, by The Paciello Group for GAAD

Just an FYI to Bryan's question. Flash is required for Connect. It is not accessibility supported on the Mac. Last time I checked the iOS version of connect did not expose accessibility to VoiceOver either.

Jon

> On May 14, 2014, at 11:33 PM, Bryan Jones < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>
> Léonie Watson < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>> If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before: Test your connection:
>> https://my.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
> Greetings All,
> If someone else here is using Safari on a Mac running OS 10.9.2, would you mind attempting to run the Adobe COnnect test at the link provided above? Using VOiceOver I am unable to locate any test results on the page, but I do detect a Flash element and am thinking this means as a Mac User I might not have access to these test results.
>
> Thank you,
> Bryan
>
>
>
> > > list messages to <EMAIL REMOVED>