E-mail List Archives
Re: Third party training tool
From: Moore,Michael (DARS)
Date: Mar 31, 2015 10:10AM
- Next message: Don Mauck: "Re: Third party training tool"
- Previous message: Don Mauck: "Third party training tool"
- Next message in Thread: Don Mauck: "Re: Third party training tool"
- Previous message in Thread: Don Mauck: "Third party training tool"
- View all messages in this Thread
We primarily use two programs.
1. Soft Chalk - This is very easy to use and creates accessible html files as an output. It still requires a bit of accessibility training for the training specialists but overall I have been quite pleased with the tool.
Training does get produced for our agency using Captivate and Articulate. We have found that the shortest path to reliable accessibility has been to reproduce the training in HTML using Dreamweaver or SoftChalk. This has the disadvantage of maintaining two copies of the same training.
Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
(512) 424-4159 (Office)
(512) 574-0091 (Cell)
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Don Mauck
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 10:50 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] Third party training tool
We are looking for an accessible tool to create various training courses and are not having much success. This tool needs to create accessible training that can meet the WCAG2.0 standards. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Best Regards: Don
HYPERLINK "http://www.oracle.com/" nOracle Don Mauck | Accessibility Evangelist
Phone: HYPERLINK "tel:+1%203033344184"+1 3033344184 Oracle Accessibility Program Office
7604 Technology Way | Denver, Colorado 80237
HYPERLINK "http://www.oracle.com/commitment" nGreen Oracle
Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment