E-mail List Archives
Re: no paragraphs in divs
From: Guy Hickling
Date: Jul 25, 2015 3:04PM
- Next message: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: no paragraphs in divs"
- Previous message: Angela French: "Re: no paragraphs in divs"
- Next message in Thread: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: no paragraphs in divs"
- Previous message in Thread: Angela French: "Re: no paragraphs in divs"
- View all messages in this Thread
As Dale has said, your actual content should be in a ul/li list. But to
answer your last comment (and original question), yes, as you guessed, if
these 3 items had been totally unrelated (and therefore not suitable for a
list) then they should have been placed in p elements, not divs.
Divs are only for layout and styling purposes, they have no semantic value.
Whereas paragraph elements indicate the separate stages of logical thought
contained in the text - they are semantic. Assistive technology reacts to
paragraphs (eg screen readers may pause very slightly, and/or change
inflexion, at the end of a paragraph, but they don't do that for divs. Your
3 sentances would have been run together.