E-mail List Archives
Re: Heading order
From: Duff Johnson
Date: Sep 30, 2015 8:50AM
- Next message: Stein Erik Skotkjerra: "Multiple live regions"
- Previous message: Chaals McCathie Nevile: "Re: Heading order"
- Next message in Thread: Léonie Watson: "Re: Heading order"
- Previous message in Thread: Chaals McCathie Nevile: "Re: Heading order"
- View all messages in this Thread
> On the other hand, if you are using e.g. h4 but presenting it visually as something more important that what is represented in h3, I think you're pretty clearly doing the wrong thing - not just for accessibility but HTML in general.
Which HTML is that? :-/
The definition of âHeadingâ in HTML 4.01 is notably different from the definition given in HTML 5.
Yet I see the notion of âimportanceâ used interchangeably with âstructureâ all the time.
Perhaps, in the HTML world, itâs a distinction without a difference? In which case, why change the definition?