WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Office 365 for authoring accessible documents

for

Date: Nov 3, 2015 11:32PM

Hello:

I have used both Office 2013 and Office 365. The Word and Excel files work just fine. I don't use PowerPoint. For Office 365, you have a choice of installing the applications on a PC or using them in the Cloud. I had no trouble making accessible documents with the Office 365 application installed on a PC. One problem I have had with both Office 2013 and Office 365 is that JAWS tends to crash when I exit Word. It's a long story, but I had to replace my Office software on my PC. I opted to purchase Office 2010 Professional. The price was right at $89.99 and it has proven much more stable. I briefly tried Office 2016. I didn't find it as usable especially Outlook. I think FS may need to update the JAWS scripts. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Whitney Quesenbery
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 9:39 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] Office 365 for authoring accessible documents

Does anyone have any experience with how well Office 365 supports creating accessible Word and PPT files and whether it makes a difference what platform you are on?

I've looked at the Accessible Digital Office Documents project - http://adod.idrc.ocad.ca/ - didn't see Office 365 listed (or what seems be called Office 2016 Mac)