E-mail List Archives
Html Lang code for page
From: Joseph Sherman
Date: Dec 22, 2015 10:01AM
- Next message: Lewis Phillips: "Re: Html Lang code for page"
- Previous message: Greg Gay: "Final Call for Papers W4A2016"
- Next message in Thread: Lewis Phillips: "Re: Html Lang code for page"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
I know 3.1.1 The default human language of each Web page can be programmatically determined, but my web folk find this annoying on every page and web app, since it is all primary language English, and they tend to follow 3.1.2 for language of parts.
So question: Is 3.1.1 really critical in most cases? Is there a good reason I can offer for using it on every page? What happens when a Spanish screen reader user comes to an English page without a lang attribute? Does the software know to read in English?