WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

th scope=row

for

Date: Apr 6, 2016 10:09AM

I'm documenting steps for non-technical content creators who have some limited control over table creation.

I'm looking for a clear explanation of when to define a first column cell as a <th> with scope="row" as opposed to it just being a <td>. Anybody have one, or know where in the W3C or WCAG resources to find one? WCAG references to "simple tables" but it doesn't actually explain what is meant by that (at least I can't locate an explanation). It also references using scope, but I can't seem to find anything that references if or when the first column HAS to be defined as a <th>.

Logan

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail system. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par le système de courriels de la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution, utilisation ou reproduction du courriel ou des renseignements qui s'y trouvent par une personne autre que son destinataire prévu est interdite. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.