WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Web applicationtesting

for

Date: Jul 15, 2016 2:06AM

Hi Surbhi,

I'm keen to hear what the others have to say, but we outsourced our testing to a professional company in the UK once and I asked them a very similar question. They told me that at a minimum I should test with either JAWS + Internet Explorer or NVDA+FireFox. I was told that for web pages at least, NVDA was every bit as good as JAWS.

I think the more systems you can test with, the better. I've seen test results from Dragon Speaking Naturally that were blockers that didn't appear with any other AT testing. But what you can do also depends on time and resource, of course.

I don't know if it's good enough, but given the time and resource that I have, I always test for desktop and mobile (NVDA + VO). And for larger projects, I reach out to the internal community and ask for volunteer to help me test with the AT they use as well.

regards,
Maya

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of surbhi Mudgal
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2016 6:32 AM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] Web applicationtesting

Hi,

Good Day.

Looking for a very simple confirmation on testing a web page or web application. Would just like to know if there is any basic standard rule to test using different screen readers ( JAWS, NVDA, VOICE OVER) or it depends up on the user comfort.

And if any particular procedure to be followed can anyone please help me understand the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Surbhi Mudgal.