E-mail List Archives
PDF Accessibility and Copyright
From: Sarah Ferguson
Date: Aug 31, 2016 2:56PM
- Next message: L Snider: "Re: PDF Accessibility and Copyright"
- Previous message: L Snider: "Re: Gmail photo alts"
- Next message in Thread: L Snider: "Re: PDF Accessibility and Copyright"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
We have a lot of PDFs on our university site and it's my goal to make them
as accessible as possible. If we own the material, it is one thing, but
what if we don't? For example, we have government forms and published
journal articles. We have permission to have these materials on our web
site, but do we have the right to alter them by adding tags, alt text, etc?
Is there a fair use rule that applies or do we need permission from each
Web Accessibility Specialist
Department of Digital Communications