WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Accessible Drop-down box without a submit button.

for

Date: Dec 8, 2016 10:48AM

Hi Nick,
When the user selects an option and hits enter, dynamic content (new pie chart) appears. There is no Submit button on this drop-down and it is not a jump refresh compontent.

Under WCAG 2.0 must their always be a submit button or "View/display" button next to drop down box to change dynamic content within page.

Pete

Sent from my Samsung device

-------- Original message --------
Date: 2016-12-08 11:20 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Accessible Drop-down box without a submit button.

Hi Pete, would you mind elaborating? What is the action that occurs once a user selects an option?

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Pierre Hachey
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2016 10:51 AM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] Accessible Drop-down box without a submit button.

Hi community,
I have a drop-down box, where the users are able to navigate and select an option using the keyboard and they are also able to hit enter on the selected option field. The drop-down box does not have a Submit button next to it.

I am thinking that the drop-down should have a Submit button but space is limited on the page and i do not want to anoy the design team:)

What are your thoughts?
Thanks
Pete

Sent from my Samsung device
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.