WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Specifications for AT testing computers

for

Date: Jun 23, 2017 5:31AM

Hi

I need to write a procurement request for computers to use for conducting accessibility audits and assistive technology testing or experience sessons.

I'd like any advice on what to ask for and what to avoid.

We'll need to be a local administrator to facilitate adding software and browser extensions as need arises..

I'm thinking a Macbook to provide Voiceover and Safari, with Windows 7/10 virtual machines including assistive technologies might work?
Does that sound sensible or would we encounter problems such as performance or not detect certain things if not doing things directly on a PC?
Any thoughts on versions of assistive technology to install and any conflicts to be aware of?
My list, so far, partly based on software provided internally, is:

* JAWS
* Zoomtext
* Supernova
* NVDA
* Dragon
* Read&Write Gold
* Claro Read
* Magic
* Lunar
* Nib Clickless
* Innovation
* Work Pace

Regards

James Buller

Please ensure that any communication with Home Office Digital is via an official account ending with digital.homeoffice.gov.uk or homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please return it to the address it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system. Communications via the digital.homeoffice.gov.uk domain may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes. This email message has been swept for computer viruses.