E-mail List Archives
Table headings question
From: Preast, Vanessa
Date: Jul 26, 2017 7:55AM
- Next message: Beranek, Nicholas: "Re: Table headings question"
- Previous message: David Farough: "Re: Transcript usage"
- Next message in Thread: Beranek, Nicholas: "Re: Table headings question"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
I've run across the following table code and am not sure what to think. The table has <th> for the row headers cells only; there are no column headers. The table is also missing a caption.
Do data tables have to have column headers and caption to be accessible, or are row headers sufficient?
<table class="table table-striped">
<td>Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m</td>
<td><a href="[url]"> [address]</a></td>