WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Test pages with WCAG-errors

for

Date: Aug 25, 2017 5:08AM

Hi!

Yes, as I also mentioned this topic has been discussed before.

I need stabile pages which I have full access to, and therefore I've designed my own. If others can use the pages, perhaps learn something, it is great. If not, just forget the message:-). When this is said, collaboration is of course a good idea! These pages are not very complex, but everything can be used, copied, ... by everybody, no copyright or other restrictions.

I have not tried to include as many errors as possible on one page. This is a bit different from many other error examples I've seen. The reason is that I need to be able to scan multiple pages to be able to test some success criterias, but also to be able to exemplify spesific errors when training developers. So far it is 11 pages, and I suppose we'll need a couple more. I'm also going to do some fine tuning, but the result will look much like the pages as they are now. I'll also include 2.1 tests, probably on one page to be able to change when/if changes in the standard occure. Most errors, can be found with validators, but not all, and I'll include more errors wich need human testing as well.

Some pages, e. g. p011 show how different validators are on some success criterias. wave reports 0 errors (2 warnings). In comparison SortSite reports 6 errors. One error is an onchange handler in a select. Exactly the same functionality could havve been achieved with other coding (window.open, a function etc), and then SortSite would not have reported an error. And this is also one of my own motivations, to be able to know validators in detail (when do they report errors, what is not triggered etc). Many SortSite rules require very spesific code, and some of the rules are really not very robust!

http://x.medialt.no/wcag-errors/

BR: Morten Tollefsen
90899305, www.medialt.no