E-mail List Archives
Safari / VoiceOVer and ARIA
From: Jonathan Cohn
Date: Oct 11, 2017 8:00PM
- Next message: Schafer, Carmen: "faceted navigation"
- Previous message: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: styling phone links"
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
I was looking at multiselect options and tried the version available at the whatsock site. Specifically I was looking at:
From what I can tell it appears that in both El Capitan and High Sierra that neither the aria-checked or the aria-activeDescendent attributes are being recognized by Safari. I find it hard to believe that If this is truly the case. In High Sierra at least the active descendent is spoken when the list box is exposed. But does not recognize changes.
Can anybody confirm that these tags don't work with Safari?
When the combo box is expanded VoiceOver indicates nothing, and when reviewing the list of languages I don't hear "checked" next to elements I have selected.