E-mail List Archives
Re: <select multiple> and WCAG compliance
From: Roel Van Gils
Date: Oct 24, 2017 6:37AM
- Next message: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re:
- Previous message: Steve Green: "Re:
- Next message in Thread: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re:
- Previous message in Thread: Steve Green: "Re:
- View all messages in this Thread
Thanks, Patrick. You're probably right, but I find this a very bitter truth.
> Because of course it's not a fail. It's accessible, though arguably not very user friendly/usable/discoverable. But WCAG 2.0 isn't about usability.
I find it very hard to claim that something is 'accessible' when in fact, it's not. I cannot demonstrate it's possible to select any number of arbitrary items in a multiple select without using a mouse in any of the mainstream browsers.. In fact, I think nobody can.
That's why I was wondering if someone would think it's 'acceptable' to flag the use of <select multiple>, despite it's a valid use of HTML.