E-mail List Archives
Re: transcript links
From: Birkir R. Gunnarsson
Date: Nov 8, 2017 3:13PM
- Next message: Jonathan Avila: "Re: transcript links"
- Previous message: Jared Smith: "Re: transcript links"
- Next message in Thread: Jonathan Avila: "Re: transcript links"
- Previous message in Thread: Jared Smith: "Re: transcript links"
- View all messages in this Thread
You can actualy go all CS content on this, use a visually hidden
content attribute with the word "Transcript" or "video transcript" and
use a CSS selector to add it to every link with a certain class name,
Then the text of the link can be the name of the video.
I don't understand why a preceeding heading Is not considered
sufficient programmatic context by WCAG, while a paragraph or sentence
On 11/8/17, Jared Smith < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> Jonathan Avila wrote:
>> I would note that the understanding documents for SC 2.4.4 no longer note
>> headings as a way to meet SC 2.4.4.
> It's a good thing this is entirely non-normative. If the pattern I
> outlined is not sufficient to meet the SC, but...
> <p>Video title <a href="transcript.htm">transcript</a></p>
> ... is, then this is certainly a notable disconnect between best
> practice and WCAG.
> > > > >
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.