E-mail List Archives
From: Joseph Sherman
Date: Dec 5, 2017 2:09PM
- Next message: Beranek, Nicholas: "Re: Layout tables"
- Previous message: Chagnon | PubCom: "Re: Pdf heading levels"
- Next message in Thread: Beranek, Nicholas: "Re: Layout tables"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
How bad are layout tables? I believe that WCAG 2.0 discourages but allows them. My web application folks love layout tables and put everything in them, including forms with multiple layout tables (e.g. https://globalsearch.cuny.edu/CFGlobalSearchTool/search.jsp). This results in screen readers reading out "table with 3 rows and 3 columns, row 1, column 1", YES "row 1, column 2" College, and similar for each row and column in the form. Must/should we add role="presentation" to all the layout tables or use CSS for layout?