WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Multiple choice with radio buttons - WCAG conformant markup

for

Date: Apr 5, 2018 3:35PM

I don't see the fieldset you mention? Anyway, I would think it either needs the question as legend of a fieldset (role=group referencing the h3 via aria-labelledby may also work) or put all info needed into the label itself.
I have seen forms like this with tabindex=0 put on the question so as you tab through the form the context is pretty clear. Its a judgment call whether this should then pass. The code you quoted I'd probably fail as the h3s likely wouldn't be rendered in screen readers' forms mode, so as you tab through the survey you would need to use browse mode to establish what the question is about. Best, Detlev
> Am 05.04.2018 um 23:17 schrieb ALISTAIR DUGGIN via WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> >:
>
> Hi,
> Would a multiple choice question with radio buttons that does not use a legend for the question wrapped in a fieldset fail WCAG 2.0 AA? Is it a failure of Success Criterion 1.3.1 Info and Relationships?
> eg
> <div><h3>Do you wish to continue completing this response form?</h3><ul><li><label for="o6a"><input type="radio" id="o6a" name="o6" value="yes">Yes</label></li><li><label for="o6b"><input type="radio" id="o6b" name="o6" value="no">No</label></li></ul></div>
> I'm looking for a WCAG conformant online survey tool and have found a couple that look pretty good apart from this issue.
>
> cheers,Al
> > > >