E-mail List Archives
Re: What about semi-bold?
From: Jared Smith
Date: Feb 14, 2019 3:39PM
- Next message: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: What about semi-bold?"
- Previous message: Fix, Lawrence: "What about semi-bold?"
- Next message in Thread: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: What about semi-bold?"
- Previous message in Thread: Fix, Lawrence: "What about semi-bold?"
- View all messages in this Thread
WCAG doesn't address this. They simply set the "large text" threshold
with "bold" text - generally defined as 700 weight in CSS. Of course
different font faces will have different weights and boldness when
bold, so common sense is in order.
I would suggest that if text has less than 4.5:1 contrast and the only
thing that would allow it to pass WCAG is for it to be made bold and
thus "large text", that it probably has pretty low contrast