WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Advanced Degrees in Accessibility


From: Karlen Communications
Date: Feb 22, 2019 1:43PM

Great question!

I'm looking for a university with an online PhD from Portfolio in North
America but I think they are all in Europe or the UK? Is there a one stop
website with information on post graduate studies like this? If not, maybe
one would be helpful?

I am looking at opportunities in Europe and the UK for an online PhD from
Portfolio. Do they exist anywhere else in the world?

Cheers, Karen

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of
Morin, Gary (NIH/OD) [E] via WebAIM-Forum
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 3:23 PM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED> ; ACCESSIBUILT automatic digest system
Cc: Morin, Gary (NIH/OD) [E] < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [WebAIM] Advanced Degrees in Accessibility

Looking for information on programs for advanced degrees (post-bac
Certificate, Master's, or PhD) in accessibility - whether it's ICT-related
or the built environment. The Univ. of Salford (UK) used to have one but it
doesn't seem. A university in Barcelona seems to have one (in Spanish,

I'm open to either online programs or in-person (though I'm not sure if any
of my second languages are strong enough to study in a non-English
university setting).


Gary M. Morin, Program Analyst

NIH Office of the Chief Information Officer

6555 Rock Spring Drive, Suite 300, Room 3NE-28

Bethesda, MD. 20817, Mail Stop: 4801

(301) 402-3924 Voice, (240) 200 5030 Videophone

(301) 451-9326 TTY/NTS; (301) 402-4464 Fax

NIH Section 508: http://508.nih.gov, NIH Section 508 Coordinators list:

NIH Section 508 Team: mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ?subject=Section 508
Help or, for Section 508 Guidance, http://www.hhs.gov/web/508/index.html

Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really
need to.

What if the first question we asked was, "what is so unique about this
situation that it justifies exclusion? instead of, "how much does it cost to
make it accessible?