WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Sliders and MouseDown

for

Date: Mar 1, 2019 3:54AM

Yeah agreed with Mohit that the dragging of our slider should be similar to the dragging of a draggable in drag and drop-- where we must use the down event for the dragging (and here to gauge the effects of the movement such as in a volume control), and the up event is for *setting the new stable position of the slider thumb*.

It's too bad you don't have the option of a Warning type, where the suggestion of having something to reset to the old position hits everything and "solves" the Warning. Having the pointer be somewhere else and letting go to "undo" as is typical of drag and drop may not be the best idea as many applications with tiny tiny slider thumbs are really only usable with clumsy mouse control if you can let up anywhere to set the new-stable position. I rely on this up-event-not-cancelling while using image editors all the time-- I simply cannot be precise enough otherwise.

So something (a button or a keystroke or both) that goes back to last-stable position sounds to me like the most useful solution.

cheers,
_mallory